This is a casino dealer hosted table game. With real poker hands you are facing the house. Each player receives five face down cards, with the dealer receiving four face down cards and one face up. Before the player receives their cards, they must place an ante bet, and if they want to play Four Aces Poker Hand, the dealers must rebet (or raise) the ante exactly two times. They lose their ante if they don’t comply. (See How to Play Casino Stud Poker for more information.)

The dealer must have a qualifying hand of Ace, King, x, x (any card) or better to play against the player (this happens 56 percent of the time). If the player decides to play and raises the required amount, and the dealer qualifies, it’s a showdown to see who has the best poker hand. If the dealer wins, all three units are theirs. If the player wins, he receives either 3 units or, if he has a strong hand, a bonus reward (better than one pair).
This should all be pretty easy, but the players of this uninteresting game are a complete disaster. Some knowledgeable people, such as the late Peter Griffin, have worked on it and the base advantage over the player is 2.5 percent. Look at the house edge. This is extremely good, and it reminds me of Roulette.

The big win

This is a total prize pool collected by players from all over the country who have placed a side bet that is rewarded when they get a top hand. 30% of every pound wagered goes to the casino’s pockets, while the remaining 70% goes to the prize fund. A Flush is worth £50, a Full House is worth £75, a Four of a Kind is worth £100, a Straight Flush is worth 10% of the pot and a Royal Flush is worth 100% of the pot.

Strategy

Don’t make a bluff. Motto: If you have a pile of garbage, get rid of it. This is a very simple game, which makes it tedious. The only pleasure you can derive is by gently showing your hand to yourself. If you have a strong  better hand, stick to the plan to increase the extra two units. (eg A K J 9 4) If you have a weaker hand, you drop and lose the ante bet. Always!

Professional approach

Sorry for the inconvenience, but there isn’t much to do here. There are a number of possible ways to increase the 2.5 percent house edge, but the difference is only 0.1 percent at best, so you could go as low as 2.4 percent. Read author John Haigh’s great book Taking Chances if you really want to know what they are.
As an aside, many people (even casino employees) believe that if you collude with the other players at the table and find out what cards they have, you can find out what hand the dealer has. So even if all seven squares on the table were full, the dealer would still have 16 cards from which to choose his bottom four cards. The player would have a 2.3 percent advantage if he used a computer to examine all 1,820 possible sets of four of the sixteen cards. The house would still have a 0.4 percent lead in a six-player game. Unfortunately, most online casinos only have slots for three players. It is in fact a non-starter.

Conclusion

In a UK casino, the meter must be at least £263,205 to have break-even equity on the jackpot side bet; if you play an initial poker bet of £5, your average bet is about £10 and your vig. against you is about 25 cents. So for both bets to have equal equity, the jackpot amount must be 25% higher than £263,205 or £329,006. Look for games with a minimum bet of €2.50 and only play the Jackpot bet if the jackpot is €296,105 or higher.